100 Years Centennial Edition
In celebration of the 100th anniversary of the Journal of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology in 2024, we invite papers for our Centennial focus issue. This issue aims to commemorate the pioneering research and fresh insights disseminated in the Journal of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology over the past century.
Please find more details below.
Call for Papers
Journal of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology
100 Years Centennial Focus Issue
We are thrilled to announce an extraordinary opportunity to be a part of a significant milestone as we celebrate the upcoming 100th anniversary of the Journal of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology in 2024.
In honor of this momentous occasion, we are planning an exciting Focus Issue that aims to encapsulate a century of remarkable advancements, insights, and discoveries and shows how modern research stands on the shoulders of historic research published in our journal.
This special issue will comprise original articles and reviews highlighting milestones in pathology, microbiology and immunology during the last centurium. We welcome articles that report on the development of research within the three areas covered by Journal of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology, or that make historical insights, preferably based on previous publications from the Journal of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology.
Prominent researchers in modern research fields are being invited to write papers with a historical link to selected historic articles from the Journal of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology. Spontaneous submissions are also welcome.
All the submitted manuscripts will be subjected to independent peer review and those of low priority will be rejected.
Topics for this call for papers include but not restricted to:
- Milestones in pathology, microbiology, and immunology: Explore and discuss significant achievements in the last century.
- Evolution of research: Report on the development of research methodologies and findings within one or more of the three areas covered by the Journal of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology.
- Historical insights: Present analyses and reflections on the historical context of pathology, microbiology, and immunology, with a preference for connections to previous publications in the Journal of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology.
- Impactful discoveries: Highlight groundbreaking discoveries that have shaped the fields of pathology, microbiology, and immunology.
- Interdisciplinary approaches: Showcase collaborative and interdisciplinary research within the realms of the journal’s coverage.
- Modern research and its foundations: Examine how contemporary research builds upon and is influenced by historic research published in the Journal of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology.
- Emerging trends: Discuss current and emerging trends in pathology, microbiology, and immunology that may shape the future of research in these fields.
- Integrating technology: Explore the role of technological advancements in advancing research within the specified areas.
- Global perspectives: Present diverse perspectives and contributions to pathology, microbiology, and immunology from a global standpoint.
Please note that are no costs for publishing with the Journal of Pathology, Microbiology and Immunology and all articles will be free to access.
Submission Guidelines/Instructions: Please refer to the Author Guidelines to prepare your manuscript.
Deadline for submission: 1 June 2024.
Submissions are made electronically here.